The fourth ELIXIR CZ annual conference.
The conference programme will reflect upon the past year’s development in ELIXIR CZ as well as in ELIXIR, namely we will hear
- plenary lectures by prominent scientists and leaders of national ELIXIR Nodes,
- update from an ELIXIR Hub representative,
- representatives of selected partner infrastructures about alignment with ELIXIR,
- information about development in ELIXIR CZ services that are offered to its participants and scientific community of the Czech Republic,
- and last but not least 15 minute flash presentations of research undertaken within the ELIXIR CZ community.
Monday, 11 November
09:30 – 12:00 ELIXIR CZ Board meeting (Board members only)
11:30 – 13:00 Registration & Lunch
13:00 – 13:10 Welcome note: Jiří Vondrášek – ELIXIR CZ Director
13:10 – 14:00 Keynote 1: Bengt Persson (ELIXIR Sweden) – Human data in Sweden – Local/Federated EGA and the European 1+Million Genome Project
14:00 – 15:30 Flash talks
- David Bednar (ICRC FNUSA, Brno) – FireProtASR: an Automated Web Server for Protein Ancestral Sequence Reconstruction
- Jakub Galgonek (Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry of the CAS) – An RDF/SPARQL engine not only for small-molecule data
- Martin Pospíšek (Charles University, Faculty of Science) – IRESs, IRESite and beyond
- Tihana Vondrak (Biology Centre CAS) – Characterization of repeat arrays in ultra‐long nanopore reads reveals frequent origin of satellite DNA from retrotransposon‐derived tandem repeats
- Martin Modrák (Institute of Microbiology of the CAS) – Metagenboot: Visual Diagnostics for Metagenomic Datasets
- Lucie Houdová (University of West Bohemia) – Informatics science behind the life science
15:30 – 16:00 Coffee break
16:00 – 16:40 Keynote 2: Brane Leskosek (ELIXIR Slovenia) – Empowering the Slovenian life science research community
16:40 – 17:10 Šárka Pospíšilová (Masaryk University) – Sequencing of the 1 000 Czech genomes and 1 M+ European genomes
17:10 – 17:40 Marián Hajdúch (Palacký University Olomouc) – Advancing personalized medicine via data stewardship
18:00 – 19:30 Conference Dinner
19:30 – 22:00 Poster Session
Tuesday, 12 November
07:30 – 09:00 Breakfast
09:00 – 09:45 Keynote 2: Andrew Smith (ELIXIR Europe) – Platforms, Communities and other activities
09:45 – 10:15 Platforms
- David Antoš – Compute platform
- Vojtěch Spiwok – Training patform
- Karel Berka – Data platform
- Radka Svobodová Vařeková – Tools & Services platform
- Jiří Vondrášek – Interoperability platform
10:15 – 10:35 Internal projects ELIXIR CZ (2x 10min)
- Jiří Černý (Institute of Biotechnology of the Czech Academy of Sciences) – Better Structures of Nucleic Acids with dnatco.org
- Robert Pergl (Czech Technical University in Prague), Lucie Houdová (University of West Bohemia) – Marrow Donor Registry Simulator – Leveraging Foundational Ontologies for Interoperability and Training
10:35 – 11:00 Coffee break
11:00 – 11:35 Vladimír Sklenář (Masaryk University) – CIISB – a gateway to realm of structural data
11:35 – 11:55 Nada Witzanyova (Technology Centre of the CAS) – Czech Research Infrastructures for Health and Coming H2020 Calls
11:55 – 12:15 Mariangela Lupo (EPTRI) – European Paediatric Translational RI
12:15 – 12:30 Group photo
12:30 – 13:30 Lunch
13:30 – 14:10 Significant achievements of ELIXIR CZ
- Robert Pergl (Czech Technical University in Prague) – Data Stewardship Wizard – towards Smart Data Management in ELIXIR
- Bohdan Schneider (Institute of Biotechnology of the Czech Academy of Sciences) – 3D-Bioinfo: an ELIXIR Community in Structural Bioinformatics
14:10 – 14:30 ELIXIR CZ observer candidates
- Radka Symonová (University Hradec Králové)
- Ivo Provazník (Brno University of Technology)
Note: The conference will be held in English.
Registration is closed.
Presentations and posters
You can indicate your interest in the 15-minute flash talk or poster presentation in the registration form. An email requiring the abstract submission will be sent to you following your registration. Acceptance of the talk will be confirmed by the organising committee. Deadline for abstract submission is 14 October and for registration 21 October.
The poster format is A0.
Cost and accommodation
There is no registration fee, also coffee breaks and Monday evening reception is covered by ELIXIR CZ. Accommodation and cost for the two lunch meals will be covered by the participants individually at the venue.
The accommodation for the night of 11 November will be booked for you, if requested within the registration form. Actual cost to cover will depend on the occupancy of allocated hotel room.
Double room (single occupancy) – 1190 CZK per person
Double room (double occupancy) – 925 CZK per person
Lunch menu (soup, main course) – 2x 220 CZK
Please make your own travel arrangements to the venue.
Head of organising committee
Phone: +420 220 183 267
Project Manager ELIXIR CZ
Phone : +420 220 183 201
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant ELIXIR CZ
Office: +420 220 183 126