Should you run into any problems applying for or using these resources, or if you just need advice regarding anything not mentioned here, please feel free to email MetaCentrum/CERIT-SC/ELIXIR CZ support staff (directed into a request tracking system):
Frequently Asked Questions
How to get access to the ELIXIR CZ resources?
Access to all available services requires registration into a special group. Registration form (standard ELIXIR CZ account) – for access to ELIXIR and MetaCentrum/CERIT-SC resources: Registration form, follow instructions provided there. Authentication via eduID.cz or eduGAIN is recommended for full access to ELIXIR and MetaCentrum/CERIT-SC services. Use the authentication via ELIXIR ID only if you can not use eduID.cz or eduGAIN and your ELIXIR ID account is associated with an academic institution. Otherwise you will get access to ELIXIR resources only (limited account).
How to become a member of ELIXIR CZ?
- Are you an employee of one of the ELIXIR CZ Consortium Partners? If so, contact your Head of Node Committee representative.
Is it possible to add some features to the ELIXIR CZ tools?
- If you have an idea to how improve the ELIXIR CZ service, contact directly the principal investigator of the providing service . You will find the contact for each service on its web page, or in bio.tools.
Is there any tutorial how to use ELIXIR CZ tools and databases?
- At the moment, ELIXIR CZ offers a short webinar for each service. Webinars are uploaded on ELIXIR CZ YouTube channel, upcoming webinars can be found on our website in the Events section.
How to secure access to the sensitive data?
- One of the ELIXIR CZ provides serives is ELIXIR AAI: Authentication and Authorisation Infrastracture. The ELIXIR Authentication and Authorisation Infrastructure (AAI) enables researchers to use their home organization credentials or community or commercial identities (e.g. ORCID, LinkedIn) to sign in and access data and services they need (even to the most sensitive data, such as clinical data). It also allows service providers (both in academia and industry) to control and manage access rights of their users, and create different access levels for research groups or international projects.
What is a Data Management Plan for Biological data?
- A data management plan is a written document that describes the data you expect to acquire or generate during the course of a research project, how you will manage, describe, analyze, and store those data, and what mechanisms you will use at the end of your project to share and preserve your data. To create a data management plan, ELIXIR CZ offers Data Stewardship Wizard or RDMkit.