This introductory course work aims to make the participants familiar with Galaxy web platform through introducing some basic bioinformatics workflows used for RNA-seq data analysis; Creating own customized bioinformatic pipelines in Galaxy will also be taught in the course .
There is no fee for registration.
Please note, we are not providing lunch.
Deadline for registration is 30th April, 2019.
Registration is closed.
FFWS, Czech University Of Life Sciences, room DP410
Participant need to bring their own laptops for the course.
Introductory session: 9:00 am – 10:15 am
- ELIXIR for Czech researchers.
- Familiarize yourself with the basics of Galaxy and its facilities.
- Creating accounts and personal workspace
Coffee break: 10:15 am – 10:30 am
Before lunch session: 10:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Learn how to obtain data from external sources.
- Learn how to run tools.
- Learn how histories work.
- Learn how to create a workflow.
- Learn how to share your work.
- Learn how to install the necessary software.
Lunch: 12:30 pm – 1:45 pm
After lunch session: 1:45 pm – 5:00 pm (Coffee break 3.15 pm – 3.35 pm)
- Introduction to bioinformatic workflows (basic RNAseq).
- Necessary contacts for support.
- Joining to support forum for Galaxy.
Closing ceremony (5:30 pm- 6:00 pm)
Dr. Amit Roy – EXTEMIT-K, CULS
Kateřina Bayerová – ELIXR Czech Republic