The University of the South Bohemia (ELIXIR CZ) would like to invite you to the online hands-on workshop focused on UniCatDB.
UnicatDB is the service platform developed under the ELIXIR research infrastructure for more than two years representing robust unified solution for species occurrence evidence and Life Science collections with full user-defined data schema aiming among others at data publication shapshots and future data data FAIRification.
The ambition is to provide you new, flexible and secure solution for your data, with easy-to-use web interface. Aside the human-friendly graphical interface there is also powerful REST API. The complete solution also contains Python libraries for your own scripts and tools.
After the workshop you will know how to use UniCatDB, how to define your specific schema to store your data and how to access and process your data from python programs.
Date: 4th Dec 2020
- Preliminary Workshop agenda:
- 9:00 – 9:45 UniCatDB introduction
- Elixir project, UniCatDB overview, Web Interface, Solution Architecture
- 9:45 – 10:30 Build your own schema
- Step-by-step showcase, individual work, from csv and excel to database
- Coffe break
- 11:00 – 11:45 Create your PY script
- Step-by-step showcase, individual work
- 11:45 – 12:00 Q&A
The link to the online meeting will be send to those registered before the event.
Thank you and looking forward to meet you on the workshop.
on behalf of the team of the University of the South Bohemia