The third ELIXIR CZ annual conference.
The conference programme will reflect upon the past year’s development in ELIXIR CZ as well as in ELIXIR, namely we will hear
- plenary lectures by prominent scientists and leaders of national ELIXIR Nodes,
- update from an ELIXIR Hub representative,
- representatives of selected partner infrastructures about alignment with ELIXIR,
- information about development in ELIXIR CZ services that are offered to its participants and scientific community of the Czech Republic,
- and last but not least 15 minute flash presentations of research undertaken within the ELIXIR CZ community.
Wednesday, 21st November
11:30 – 13:00 Lunch & registration
13:00 – 13:10 Welcome note: Jiří Vondrášek – ELIXIR CZ Director
13:10 – 14:10 Keynote 1 : The Swedish ELIXIR node and Capacity Building: Bengt Persson – Uppsala University, ELIXIR SE
14:10 – 15:40 Flash 15 minutes reports of Czech bioinformatic research
- IDSM: Integrated Database of Small Molecules: Jakub Galgonek – Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry of the CAS
- The tool for structural and physicochemical interpretation of QSAR models: Pavlo Polishchuk – Palacký University Olomouc
- AmtDB: manually-curated database of ancient full mtDNA: Edvard Ehler – Institute of Molecular Genetics of the ASCR
- rPredictorDB: A predictive database of secondary structures of RNAs: Josef Pánek – Institute of Microbiology of the CAS
- Metadynminer: Vojtěch Spiwok – University of Chemistry and Technology
- New high-performance workflow for flow and mass cytometry: Miroslav Kratochvíl – Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry of the CAS
15:40 – 16:10 Coffee break
16:10 – 16:40 Infrastructure 1: BBMRI-CZ: an update 2018: Dalibor Valik – BBMRI-CZ, Masaryk Memorial Cancer Institute Brno
16:40 – 17:10 Infrastructure 2: Czech Centre for Phenogenomics: a technology hub for gathering data to understand comprehensive mammalian gene functions: Radislav Sedlacek – Institute of Molecular Genetics of the ASCR, the Czech Centre for Phenogenomics
17:10 – 17:40 International Clinical Research Center (FNUSA-ICRC) and its activities including participation on the ELIXIR CZ: Jakub Johaník – International Clinical Research Center, St. Anne’s University Hospital Brno
18:00 – 19:30 Conference Dinner
19:30 – 22:00 Poster session
Thursday, 22nd November
07:30 – 08:45 Breakfast
09:00 – 09:45 Keynote 2 : ELIXIR Europe: International strategy and 1 million genomes initiative: Andrew Smith – ELIXIR Hub
09:45 – 10:15 ELIXIR CZ Services/Platforms update
- Data – Karel Berka- Palacký University Olomouc
- Tools and Services – Radka Svobodová Vařeková – CEITEC, Masaryk University Brno
- Compute – David Antoš – CESNET
- Interoperability – Robert Pergl – Czech Technical University in Prague – Faculty of Information Technology
- Training – Vojtěch Spiwok – University of Chemistry and Technology Prague
10:15 – 10:45 Coffee break
10:45 – 11:45 Flash 15 minutes reports of Czech bioinformatic research
OPVVV in-house research projects:
- Repetitive DNA analysis in plant genomes using ultra-long sequencing reads: Jiří Macas – Biology Centre CAS
- Structural Alphabet of Nucleic Acids: Jiří Černý – Institute of Biotechnology CAS
- ValTrendsDB and PDBe validation pages: Radka Svobodová Vařeková – CEITEC, Masaryk University Brno
Consorcial internal projects 2018:
- Nucleic acids model building workshop: Jiří Černý – Institute of Biotechnology CAS
- MDR Simulator Deployment Into Clinical Practice: Lucie Houdová – University of West Bohemia
11:45 – 12:30 Keynote 3 : ELIXIR Training as a Service: Empowering Scientists to Provide High Quality Training: Celia van Gelder – Dutch Techcentre for Life Sciences (DTL), ELIXIR NL
12:30 – 13:30 Farewell & Lunch
13:30 – 16:30 ELIXIR CZ Services – Training for Users
- RepeatExplorer: Galaxy Server for In-Depth Characterization of Repetitive Sequences: Petr Novak – Biology Centre CAS
- DNATCO v3: Jiří Černý – Institute of Biotechnology CAS
- Data Stewardship Wizard: Robert Pergl – Czech Technical University in Prague, Faculty of Information Technology
- MOLEonline and ChannelsDB: Karel Berka – Palacký University Olomouc
- IDSM: Integrated Database of Small Molecules: Miroslav Kratochvíl – Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry of the CAS
Note: The conference will be held in English.
Registration has been closed.
Presentations and posters
You can indicate your interest in the 15-minute flash talk or poster presentation in the registration form. An email requiring the abstract submission will be sent to you following your registration. Acceptance of the talk will be confirmed by the organising committee. Deadline for abstract submission is November 5th and for registration November 12th.
The poster format is A0.
Cost and accommodation
There is no registration fee, also coffee breaks and Wednesday evening reception is covered by ELIXIR CZ. Accommodation and cost for the two lunch meals will be covered by the participants individually at the venue.
The accommodation for the night of Nov 21th will be booked for you, if requested within the registration form. Actual cost to cover will depend on the occupancy of allocated hotel room.
Double room (single or double occupancy) – 1000 CZK
Lunch meals – 600 CZK
Please make your own travel arrangements to the venue.
Hotel Antoň s.r.o.
588 56 Telč
Office – tel./fax: +420 567 243 862
Reception – tel.: +420 774 026 200
WWW – http://www.hotel-anton.cz
Head of organising committee
Phone: +420 220 183 267
Project Manager ELIXIR CZ
Phone : +420 220 183 201
E-mail : email@example.com
Assistant ELIXIR CZ
Office: +420 220 183 126
Hana Pergl Šustková
Project Management office ELIXIR CZ